My research interest is mainly on power electronics, dc–dc and ac-dc power converter modeling and control, and power IC design.
The aim of my research is to improve converter transient response, power density, and power efficiency with reduced cost by converter control modeling and design, new control schemes development, and smarter power IC implementation.
The research could be applied to the power management of computing devices and mobile devices such as notebook, cellphone, PC, server, car, etc.
Current research topics:
Power converter control & modeling, and PMIC design for:
1. Notebook, Smart Phone, SoC, Adaptor, Battery-Operated System
2. CPU/GPU VCORE Power Supply (Multi-phase buck converter)
3. AIoT Power (Low quiescent PMIC)
4. Next-Generation Envelope Tracking
5. Novel Power Electronic Application—GaN Driver
6. LLC resonant converter with digital control